Road Traffic Accidents

If you have been involved in a road traffic accident then you could be entitled to make a claim for compensation.

Our Solicitors can help you make a case for compensation.

You may have been involved in a road traffic accident in the following situations:

  • The driver of a car, van, bus, lorry involved in a road accident caused by another driver.
  • The rider of a motorcycle or as a pillion involved in a motorcycle accident
  • A passenger in a taxi, a bus or travelling in a friend’s car.
  • A pedestrian or a cyclist hit by a vehicle.

It is common in Northern Ireland for Claimants to receive several thousand pounds for injuries suffered and our Solicitors will be able to advise you on the required medical evidence to ensure you receive the maximum amount of compensation as soon as it possible. The responsible insurance Company will also have to pay your legal and medical costs as well as your compensation.

Car Accident Solicitors Belfast

A common injury from a road traffic accident is “Whiplash” which is caused by a sudden and unexpected jolt, for example from your car being hit from behind. Some common symptoms for whiplash include neck pain, headaches, shoulder pain, back pain, loss of feeling in arms or hands and dizziness. It is advisable to seek medical advice from your GP or local hospital as soon as possible following any injury. Even if you only experience pain for a short period of time you are still entitled to compensation and our Solicitors can advise you on this. You should not deal directly with the responsible insurance company and if they offer you money not to claim our Solicitors can advise you to make sure you get the full amount due.

Even if the driver at fault is a family member or friend you can still make a personal injury claim, as all legal actions will be directed at their respective insurance company, not them personally. Your personal injury lawyer will be able to give you further advice on this.

If you have been the victim of a ‘hit and run’ or injured by an uninsured driver, then you may still be able to claim compensation.

You can claim compensation for road traffic accident injuries if you were on foot, in a vehicle, riding a motorbike, a bicycle or a horse at the time of the accident. Our expert Road Traffic Accident Solicitors can fast track your claim ensuring you get your compensation as quickly as possible.

Whether you suffered a simple bruising, whiplash or a more serious injury, we can offer immediate representation and support.

Our Solicitors deal with all types of road accident injury claims for car, van, lorry and bus drivers, passengers, people injured on public transport, cyclists, motorcyclists, pedestrians, claims against the Motor Insurers Bureau (MIB) and ROI claims.

Call us for a free consultation so we can help you understand whether or not you have a claim for compensation.

Uninsured or Untraced Motorist

If your road accident was caused by an uninsured or untraced motorist, your claim could be referred to the Motor Insurers Bureau (MIB) under their Agreements, subject to conditions. MIB claims can be complex so it is important to have our expert Solicitors deal with your claim.

Please call 02890 235 554 or e-mail to arrange your free initial consultation.


Funding your injury claim

Don’t be put off bringing a Personal Injury claim in Northern Ireland because you can’t afford to take the risk of losing and having to pay the legal costs of the other side. P R Hanna Solicitors can recommend your claim, that has reasonable prospects of success, to DASlawAssist, a leading Insurance company in the UK, to provide you with After the Event Insurance (ATE) cover. This cover can also be made available to cover other disputes such as contractual and commercial matters. Ring us and ask to speak to a Partner for further details.